Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Goddess of the Lake (Poem)




Goddess of the Lake
by Tim Kavi

riding across
the plains
responding
to the urgent
call

Urgent
she is calling me
calling me
with her feminine
voice

across
snow capped mountains
in the high
and holy place

no one explains
to me anything

is it in
the eagle's crying?
or angel's wings
that her love
is flying?

I need her help
for I cannot bear
but called to her
in that sacred prayer

I am lifted up
to join her there

onward
I ride
through the
moonlit night
across the
valleys of her bed

she is waiting
dressed only
in her love
in the place
where mountains bled

there is no more
crying
only our love
guides us
and rescues us
from dying

and in that
redemption
even at

Mount Kailash
and
Lake Manosaravar

52 kilometers
and three days
and nights
in the belly
of that place
we are not very far

For I am filled
with your love

then
I am waiting
and seeking
your face

in the tent
in your arms
veiled one

I see you are the Lake
sweet Parvati

where Milarepa
Noro Bon-Chung
fought
You were
the watching
one

Sipaimen

I circled around you
there

in the mountain
I am redeemed by you
and in the lake
You stand and
sit
and care
for me

for You are the
goddess of the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment