Sunday, April 4, 2010

Venus Aphrodite (Poem)

Venus Aphrodite
by Tim Kavi

Venus Aphrodite
at the sun's dawning
you outshine the day
bathing in milk
your skin is like
fine silk

and your eyes
filled with love
remind me that I am
flying in heights above
when you kiss
I am free
as winged seraph
gliding once again
to the arms
of your love

your twin charms
greet me
meet me
in your pleasant
body
my chains
have all fallen
to the Earth!

and when the moulds
the gods did pour
your birthing shore
they all said
Venus Aphrodite
your beauty
has never been seen
before

but through all
legends and time
your loving
light has lit
the hearts
of every woman
and yet
all want to
adore You!

and when you
rode that steed
you were faster
than the Sun
coming back
to love
again and again
Cupid did
get a mighty shove!

sweet silence
in the valleys below
when all mortal men
beheld you
they were
hushed in the act of war
when your gown
drifted down
from the halls
of Olympus!

sweet Venus Aphrodite
in you men
are all complete
but only
beneath your
loving feet!

For vanquished
love
breeds a new poem
a song
of your mighty
love!

No comments:

Post a Comment