Thursday, December 29, 2011

Breath is Coming (New Poem)




Breath is Coming.
by Tim Kavi

breath
the pneuma
to dead Earth
is coming
like the approaching
horsemen
across the meadow
of winter

riding swiftly
not destroying
but giving life
the first breath
of spring
arrives

after the winter
she brings hope
and promise
of a love
that is
new life

tending to me
like a gardener
of love

her lips are red
her smile wide
and white
her eyes
reflect
the graceful
movements
of her certain
riding

and in her arms
I grow like a plant
with arms
outstretched
to the sun

of her
arriving.

2 comments:

  1. I thought your poem "Breath is Coming" was beautiful. The image I had in my mind as I read it was that of Mother Mary. She brought life to the dead earth, and gave birth to new hope. I don't know if that was your intent, but that was the effect it had on me, at least. Beautiful imagery, Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Brenda. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete