Wednesday, August 26, 2026

To the Lofty Places I Seek (new poem)



To the Lofty Places I Seek (a poem of longing)
by Tim Kavi

 across the withered plains

there are currents in the sand

marks of played out destinies

gleaming in the desert sun


burning like flames consume a book

my knowledge had become desolate

quaking at the power of Nature

searching with a lapping tongue


looking for, and 

desperately seeking

the oceans of your love


so O goddess

fill the Earth

with the fruits of your being


let the dancers, rejoice

let the singers, sing

and let the poets speak.


for great cedars shall grow

where once it was desolate

and hearts frozen cold

shall beat again; in the power

of your love.


we are your plantings

your magnificent colors

in the canvasses of your light


quaking in the sight

blinking in a bright night

seeking

desperately seeking

your Face


I feel it

shadowy images on the Cave's wall

the musty scent of your myrrh

and the lasting permanence

of She who draws near


I embrace you Goddess

ever knowing my place

walking softly

behind you

beholding you in your full grace


hide me beneath your robe

close to your heart

your life and breath

beats like the drums

of my existence


yet my tongue is parched

longing

so longing for you

and finding you

thirsty in my night


seeing only You

a winged Seraphim

a gliding Owl

a circling hawk

and a majestic eagle


I long to be your prey

My Goddess

I arise early

to the lofty places where

I seek only You


and in the morning

I find myself awake again

fully alert

enlightened

and hungry for your love


until there is no more

to be found or given

full to the brim

in the happiness

of You and all there is


I will sing then

dance in the street

move my feet

to the heavenly beat

until you breath


revives

restores

resuscitates

reverberates

renumerates


I am made full 

only in You

so I seek You

and love you

adore you


my Goddess!!

do you hear my birdlike cries?

my longings for you

and your love?

Answer me quickly...

No comments:

Post a Comment