Saturday, October 28, 2023

Mermaid Story (New Poem)



Mermaid Story

by Tim Kavi


for such a time as this

traveling the world

I found your kiss


And when 

the goddess talked

she wore your smile

and when she spoke


it was your voice

across the beach

your heart brought close

never to miss


it was your love

that drew

the shipwrecked man

to harbor


it was

the pretty mermaid

swimming near

that wore your face

and when I looked again

she wore

bridal lace


my sweet love

every man

has one chance

to come home


I am so glad 

you plucked me

out of that water

and when 

I told the story


all of the kids

gathered to hear 

how mom and dad

started and built 

a life that mattered


how the breach

was healed

the broken hearts

no longer tattered


How in the love

of the beautiful mermaid

goddess of my wife

brought me ashore

to a new life!


Your love saved me!


~~ Poets Afterword: FOR JK with LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment