Saturday, November 18, 2023

The Mountains of Your Love (Final Poem & Final Afterword)

 The Mountains of Your Love

by Tim Kavi


I long to kiss you and hold you 

every night

and it's a short highway

to the mountains of your love 

every night

if I love you all day with my might!

Poet's Afterword and Final Word as Poet Tim Kavi: Well, it has come to the final poem with this little ditty. I'm sorry I didn't do an Epic Poem as my final one, but I am probably not that deserving of a poet. Yes, it is a love poem. Many people have expressed to me that they enjoyed my poems over the years, felt inspired, and confident, and gained the courage to face struggles. I have enjoyed writing them for you. The messages in my poems about the Goddess (with big G) and goddesses (local manifestations of goddesses everywhere in women) have always sought to empower women and rally against patriarchy is a sincere message in my poetry. Drawing from Carl Jung, my own anima, and stories of archetypal goddesses, I have always wanted to include them here to inspire women (and men) to understand the foolishness of unbridled patriarchy. My mentor, Dr. Christine Downing started it all with her book, The Goddess, and her encouragement for me to write. Many of my poems describe wonderful love experiences that are both sacred and embodied love. In my teens and 20s I once walked a mystical path and was an accepted spiritual leader in a community of faith as a mystic, but eventually journeyed in other directions. Today starts another fork in the road. It is the end of Tim Kavi's poetry. I'm hanging it up. The collections in process, Revealed Goddess, City of Night-City of Light, and, Poems of  Protest will remain unpublished. The already shot documentary film about me, called Kup of Kavi, will not be released because Tim Kavi is no more. Most of you don't know that I have faced a number of serious health issues, and lately had a hospitalized scare because of my heart, so I sense that it is time to focus on those concerns and other artistic pursuits. On the subject of love, much has been written about it, and I have intended to love powerfully as best I could, but in the end, to some, I have stumbled at this and humbly express my deepest sorrows and apologies, for I failed you as your personal poet of love. To my sweet intended, I hope to still be redeemed and bear the pen to bring unpublished private works to our love, but not as Tim Kavi. Whatever I have done here, has I hope, inspired and given hope and love to people. Love and peace are worthy pursuits in life. I wish you all happiness. Another reason is that lately, a number of people have been calling me bad names, harassing me online, hacking me, and generally not being very nice. I can't do it anymore. I hope to deal with my health issues, be in a happy family, and live out the remainder of my years in peace. Bless you, and keep the power of the Goddess going. ~~Tim Kavi 


No comments:

Post a Comment