Thursday, June 12, 2008

Blog (Not So) Special: "Writer's Life" by Tim Kavi (A Fishy Poem)

"Writer's Life"
by Tim Kavi

writers often
reflect
in sundry places
of culinary graces

and in between
sup
they are always
scrounging
for another cup

so
From dusty streets
of Xian
where there are two
Starbuck's

to the winds of Beijing
and the metal
walkways of Tokyo's
Narita

munching
on God knows what
even a taco
or pita

I have scrawled
my lines

Or on the
back of the bus
while the
children fuss

or even on
napkins at
some place of rest
or God forbid
toilet paper while
modestly dressed

or in the
Writer's Room
at Portland's
Main Library
where except
for the door
it is quiet
for "shore"

or at some
local
greasy spoon
where the dishes
clatter

where nothing is
remiss
a neat
splatter

as the words flow
constructed
deconstructed
or fall even
flatter

or at home
where the prose
mostly flows
and this writer
always goes

I was quite
amazed
while out
and about

when suddenly
in my cup
there arose
quite the
clatter

so that
I looked
from the page
to see what
was the matter

I saw a
splash like
a fish
in the coffee
there

so when
I looked
I beheld

a giant
roachy fish
taking a swim

where too
much used
sugar
was a wish
for him

but I
kept writing
and soon
forgot it

in my writer's
bliss

and took
to a swallow
and
accidently
consumed
the fellow!

Yes taste
dictates
no such
disclosure

but the
writer's
life
is often
filled
with
tougher things
to swallow!

(than perhaps this
fishy tale!)


No comments:

Post a Comment