Saturday, November 24, 2012

Too Many Words (New Poem)



















Too Many Words
by Tim Kavi

there are too many words
in space
and not enough meaning
even if I dreamed them
every night
I cannot find them

for I cannot find you
my love
my delight
it has become dark night

coldness is wrapped
around my soul
like a blanket
and it won't let me go

my fears threaten
to consume me
but this is only my mind
when all around me
is the dying of light

the coming of night
is when shadows become immersed
in the dark
lonely songs I cannot bear

I awake
to face the coldest morning
snow has fallen
everywhere

fluttering eyes
open, I am
to wonder, rub eyes
to stare
see you there

I see all is beauty
in the woman
standing there

and the words
that had slowed like Winter
flowed in the promise
that if I kept speaking

kept writing
Spring will come there
in the hearts
of two

the glories of rebirth
as all the words
of love flow

while outside the snow
falls anew.


4 comments:

  1. I have the play of words with each season. The imagery takes me the place of his or her sorrow. Very revealing!!!
    And thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. Best!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne: Thanks again for reading my work. I appreciate your unique perspective. You are welcome for my blog comments--as your work deserves many admirers.

      Delete
  2. You had a nice blog, i loves the world of Poet and Writer. Its like creating a New World, and thanks for commenting on my Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tuham! Thanks for stopping by. Glad you like this world---as there are so many we can create! I am happy to comment. I enjoy your optimism and your curiosity reminds me of myself in my younger days. Thanks for sharing! ~~TK

      Delete