Monday, December 12, 2011

Song of the Ocean, She Sings (New Poem)

Song of the Ocean, She Sings
by Tim Kavi

to the ocean
when your song
of released passion
warmed the mountainous
nights

to the Universe
when your singing songs
reached the ears
of God
God heard
your pretty voice

to the Valley
where bones
came to life
at such utterances
as this

I knew
you were the Goddess

to the mountain
where many tried
to scale up
but failed
and were jailed
because they knew not
how to kiss?

Your thick red lips
your darting eyes
your scepter
your bridal sighs

I was the lucky one
that ascended to your hips

with a song that climbed to your lips

dripping with love
and adoration
yet tasting like wine

I saw your Goddess laugh
and when the face
did shine

it was the temple
lights
where I saw
your statue divine

in the smile of you
I knew
that many kisses
and hugs were due

as the dew descended
there was the whispering
wind

a quiet voice
said Follow Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment