Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Shadows on the Wall (Are Dancing!) New Poem - with Poet's Afterword






Shadows on the Wall 
(Are Dancing!)
by Tim Kavi

held there
transfixed
bound
like Prometheus
no ground

of being
except what they
make come to light
and seem to say

glorious images
all human truth
knowledge grows
lively in youth

blades of grass
representing as else
playing symbols
in the mind of self

representing
concentrating
only what is seen
draws nothing
in eternal sheen

I see them there
shadowed objects
some knave
trickery hands
move in light's grave

their beauty
fascinates
captivates
makes me crave
another wave

all seems right
orderly
referentially
depicted
my mind bends
to reality's
shifted
blends

crashing
crushing
oppression
false beliefs
lead to
depression

utterances
in the night
deafened ears
blinded sight

yet I crave
for what the
shadows say to me
play to me
in the cave

for all is
orderly
predictable
nice
without uncertainty's
spice

but what is
this?
but a kiss
of chaos
in the scene

something
is moving
bending
blending
is grooving

in the putrid
stench
pungent dead
air

the shadows
have started
dancing
no longer appear

to be what
they once said
freedom
is alive
in a new light

I see
something new
at the mouth
of the cave

shadows
are dancing
now
I hear?
them behind
me

moving
out of frame
no longer my
reference
can I blame

I want to
rise up and
join them

but this
body
has me chained

my Spirit
starts tapping
my soul
is clapping

as I see
what makes
the dancing

it is the
love
of you and me.

Poet's Afterword:
A reference to Plato's allegory of the cave with a Kavi mix; here,   Love is transcendent, meanwhile I am bound like all of you, waiting for someone (the Goddess?) to say:  loose him and let him go.--TK

No comments:

Post a Comment